What to see and do in Ruby Bay, Nelson and the Tasman Region
In fact, we’re just within an hour’s drive from most of the major attractions in the region – including Skydiving over the Abel Tasman National Park, white water rafting in the Buller Gorge, kayaking with seals and dolphins in the Golden Bay, kite-surfing at the Tahunanui Beach, golfing along the coast, river trout fishing at our local rivers, horse trekking through pine forests, quad-biking in the wilderness, or riding the world’s longest flying fox at 100km per hour! A few more ideas include…
- Cycling the newly constructed Tasman’s Great Taste Trail, enjoying the sceneries along this first class purpose built cycling track that is listed as one of the New Zealand’s greatest ride.
- Visiting the wineries and tasting their award winning wines. You will even find some of those wines are actually made with grapes grown at our very own Pine Hill Serenity Vineyard.
- Exploring the nearby arts and crafts workshops, galleries and the World of Wearable Art museum .
- Souvenir shopping at Nelson Market, open every Saturday.
- Stopping at the many award winning cafes and restaurants in the area.
- Why not try digging for cockles at the local beaches before cooking them fresh on a BBQ?
Facilities to be enjoyed inside the vineyard include:
- Relaxing your muscles after a long day’s walking, qualified local massage therapist can be arranged to visit the vineyard upon request. We have a massage room on site for your private use.
- Depending on the season, you are invited to pick from the orchard, olive grove and nut trees on the property, and a fruit picking basket is provided in each room for your use. During the grape harvesting season you can also learn about the different varieties of grapes we grow.
- Our chocolate labrador dog, Truffle and German Shepherd Dog Bacchus would be delighted to show off their ball playing skills.
- Why not finish off your day by relaxing in our 39-jet spa pool in the privacy of the garden just outside your room? A perfect chance for star gazing on a clear night too.
Book now for affordable, comfortable Nelson accommodation
Our luxury Nelson accommodation and guest facilities are sure to make you feel right at home. Please read more about us or give us a call to find out more about Pine Hill Lodge and Pine Hill Serenity Vineyard.